Chinese New Year festivities were at a full swing last week with Cebu hotels. After sampling the Yee Sang sets at Tin Gow, I was able to listen to Feng Shui Expert Marites Allen courtesy of Montebello Villa Hotel. Everyone wants to be lucky and the famed Cebuano feng shui expert has some great tips for everyone.
12 Tips for the New Year by Feng Shui Master Marites Allen
- Wear red on New Year's Day. Do not wear black!
- Only eat sweet food like Tikoy.
- Get up early and be beautiful.
- Start your new year with a meal with your loved ones.
- Do not clean the house on New Year's Day.
- Do not fight with anyone.
- Serve a tray of fruits and it would be great to have a mirror near the dining table.
- Cleanse the house (by Dragon dance for example).
- Eat fish for prosperity.
- Eat noodles for longevity.
- Avoid eating chicken.
- Throw away chipped plates and cups.
Check out the video for more tips from our very own Feng Shui expert.
Kalami Cebu's 2017 Outlook
I really think that the food industry will thrive in 2017. Cebu will probably see many excellent restaurants open in the next 12 months. It will definitely be a good year in the restaurant industry but it will also be very challenging. Cebu is one of the hardest to please in the country and having too many choices could dilute income from many businesses. The Year of the Rooster is not going to be a good year for imitation. This is a great year for the innovative ones. Each restaurant is advised to improve the quality of their dishes and make sure they have a specialty.
It is going to be a year full of food trips but most probably healthier ones at the later part of the year. I am betting on companies helping people make healthier choices. It is time for companies and blogs to spread a message on healthier and better food.
Enjoy the New Year! Gon Xi Fa Cai!!!